Thursday, September 14, 2017

Day of the Dead on Ice


I was intrigued by the idea of using ice as the theme rather than the classic Day of the Dead skull and flowers. I learned so much from assembling my first mask and applied that knowledge to this new design. I created a post on the making of my original mask as well as a session where it was worn by a beautiful model.

To begin the construction of this mask, I took a blank mask and supplied paint and flowers and lace to bring the idea into being. I treated the overall build as if I were applying makeup to a face. To accomplish this, I first applied a flesh tone with additional red pigments over the lips and cheeks. Once the flesh-tone was dry, I applied white and iridescent paint and allowed some of the base layer to show through mimicking the way makeup would be translucent once applied.

The concept of ice was my only plan before assembling this mask. I started painting the large snowflake which covers the forehead of the mask. I painted diamonds, teardrops, eye-shadow, and lipstick. The mouth was modeled after the teeth design on traditional Day of the Dead masks. I added gems to offer a 3-dimensional effect to the design. The white veil was attached first with hot-glue, and then stitched with needle and thread. The blue roses were attached in the same fashion. To further enhance the anonymity of the model, I attached lace within the eyes of the mask.

What better way to showcase this new creation than to have it modeled by a beautiful young woman. In addition to the mask, her wardrobe included white lace tied around her waist. A garter and white lace fan added a playful flourish during the photo shoot.

Given the minimal wardrobe,
These images contain nudity
And are Not Safe For Work




















Thank you for taking the time to view and appreciate my photography

I am always looking for models to collaborate on new ideas

I am currently located in Aztec, NM, USA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful to my models. All comments are moderated. Hateful or disrespectful content will not be shared with the models or posted here.