Friday, September 15, 2017

Introducing Lacey


Lacey is a part-time model who graciously agreed to help me build my portfolio and hers while playing around in my studio. We shot for over two hours, and had tons of fun playing around with lighting, props, wardrobe, and lots of fun poses. I have so many favorites from our session, it will take time to share more of them.



We started our session with portraiture, using a three light setup with a bounce reflector for fill. I set up one light behind her with a small grid to focus the light on her hair, and allow for separation from the backdrop. For the light to the right I used a silver reflective umbrella and the light to the left I used a white shoot-through umbrella. The white fabric reflector was placed low in front of Lacey, as she sat on a small step-ladder. The poses are her own, I suggested only slight variations for her. I wanted my lighting choices to accentuate her natural beauty.









For the following photos, I disabled the light on the left to give a more dramatic effect on Lacey's features. If you look at the catch-lights in her eyes you can see the difference, the shadows are also much more prominent.















I love the look of shadows in my black and white portraits! It adds so much depth, and I enjoy the contrast of light against dark. This first image reminds me of a yearbook photo from the 1950's or 1960's with its timeless appeal.










Thank you for taking the time to view and appreciate my photography.
I am always looking for new models to collaborate on new ideas.

I am currently located in Aztec, New Mexico, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful to my models. All comments are moderated. Hateful or disrespectful content will not be shared with the models or posted here.