Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Portfolio for Trade - Personal Fitness


Since closing my studio, I have been scheduling photo sessions anywhere that has a few square feet of space to set up a backdrop and lights. This session was held in a half-empty living room with the sofa pushed to one side and my background stands pushed up against the opposite wall. We had about 8 feet of space in each direction to work with. It was just enough room to set  up my portable flashes and light-modifiers to give us different lighting effects. The idea behind this photo shoot was to give us both some great looking images to add to our portfolios. This young woman is a personal trainer and wanted some promotional images to add to her online profile.



::: UPDATE 2015 ::: She has since discontinued her personal training career :::

We started this session using a white fabric backdrop and set the lights to make it a bright white. Throughout the photo shoot, we changed backgrounds, lighting effects, and wardrobe to create several different looks and poses for a variety of options. To create some dramatic images, I changed to the black background and moved my main light to the side to create some cross-body shadows.

We shot over 700 images during our 2 1/2 hour session. I narrowed it down to 200 top picks. In order to share them here, I have narrowed my list of favorite images even further:


 































































































Thank you for taking the time to view and appreciate my photography.
I am always looking for new models to collaborate on new ideas.

I am currently located in Aztec, New Mexico, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful to my models. All comments are moderated. Hateful or disrespectful content will not be shared with the models or posted here.