Monday, September 18, 2017

American Beauty featuring Lacey


The movie "American Beauty" has been around since 1999 and since it's release photographers have been re-creating one iconic scene. This animation shows a small clip from the movie so you can see the inspiration for this session. Roses are the key ingredient for emulating the original, I opted for silk rose petals to give longevity to the look and prevent unnecessary cost for the destruction of long-stem roses. I feel that the petals enhance the sensual tone and maintain a bit of mystery while shooting nudes. I love seeing rose petals utilized  as a prop in boudoir photography.

Rather than shooting exclusively from above, I moved around her with and without a ladder. I climbed up until my head touched the ceiling and extended my reach to capture full length poses. I also crouched down with the camera just a few inches off the floor for closeup and detail shots. My studio is small, so I had to be creative in placement of the vertical backdrop as well as the white fleece she was laying on. Some touch-ups at the edges were necessary during editing but the majority of the photos are true to life. I do very little to modify the model's natural beauty and aside from temporary blemish reduction. I let them shine through as themselves, or whichever personality they want to convey for a particular set.

Rose petals are the only wardrobe used in this set. 
These images are Not Safe For Work

























Thank you for taking the time to view and appreciate my photography.
I am always looking for new models to collaborate on new ideas.

I am currently located in Aztec, New Mexico, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful to my models. All comments are moderated. Hateful or disrespectful content will not be shared with the models or posted here.