Monday, October 30, 2017

Portfolio Building with Mileah



I love when I have the opportunity to help a new model build her portfolio. Mileah is one such model. She had never modeled with a professional photographer before. She would have her boyfriend take a photograph, then look at it and decide yes or no and it could be several minutes from one photo to the next. This destroys the flow of poses and makes natural-looking poses much more difficult. It also has a negative impact on the model's confidence when she is picking apart everything about her expression, body, or pose.

 I prefer a much more consistent pace that allows for a natural rhythm of posing. The smallest turn or twist of the body can change a mediocre pose into something stunning. Expressions also change from moment to moment in ways the model isn't always aware of that can be shy, sensual, or seductive in a matter of moments.

Each item of her wardrobe here is from my prop kit. A lace fan and garter complimented by the lace body-wrap combine to form a truly sensual image. You might have noticed this is also the wardrobe for the Day of the Dead on Ice. Those images came just moments before the mask was put away to make way for this series.













Thank you for taking the time to view and appreciate my photography.
I am always looking for new models to collaborate on new ideas.

I am currently located in Aztec, New Mexico, USA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful to my models. All comments are moderated. Hateful or disrespectful content will not be shared with the models or posted here.