Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Day of the Dead - Blood Lust


This is the next installment in my mask-making series. I have been creating masks as a hobby to build on my creative impulses. This is a continuation of my first tear-away Day of the Dead mask with this one being much more graphic with drips and blood stains across the entire face of the mask. All the blood details between the masks are hand-sculpted and are 3-D with hand-painted detail in varying shades of red to simulate blood and muscle beneath the surface. The smaller mask attaches with magnets embedded within the sculpture so no strings or fasteners are visible. The eye sockets are filled with black and red lace in order to separate the model's eyes from the mask. Black silk roses are splattered with red paint to mimic blood splatter and matches the other details on the masks. The juxtaposition of the horror of the mask and the beauty of the model is my new favorite technique.














Thank you for taking the time to view and appreciate my photography

I am always looking for models to collaborate on new ideas

I am currently located in Aztec, NM, USA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful to my models. All comments are moderated. Hateful or disrespectful content will not be shared with the models or posted here.